UNIT GROUP 1223 SUPPLY AND DISTRIBUTION MANAGERS
SUPPLY AND DISTRIBUTION MANAGERS plan, administer and review the supply, storage and distribution of equipment, materials and goods used and produced by organisations.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- directing the formulation of purchasing, storage and distribution strategies, policies and plans
- preparing and implementing plans to maintain required stock levels at minimum cost
- negotiating contracts with suitable suppliers to meet quality, cost and delivery requirements
- monitoring and reviewing storage and inventory systems to meet supply requirements and control stock levels
- overseeing recording systems to track all movements of supplies and finished goods, and ensuring re-ordering and re-stocking at optimal times
- liaising with other departments and customers concerning outward goods requirements and associated forwarding transportation
- directing the recording
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram