1223-11 Supply and Distribution Manager
Plans, administers and reviews the supply, storage and distribution of equipment, materials and goods used and produced by an organisation.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- directs the formulation of purchasing, storage and distribution strategies, policies and plans
- prepares and implements plans to maintain required stock levels at minimum cost
- negotiates contracts with suitable suppliers to meet quality, cost and delivery requirements
- monitors and reviews storage and inventory systems to meet supply requirements and control stock levels
- oversees recording systems to track all movements of supplies and finished goods, and ensures re-ordering and re-stocking at optimal times
- liaises with other departments and customers concerning outward goods requirements and associated forwarding transportation
- directs the recording of purchase, storage and distribution transactions
- manages the activities and performance of staff
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram