Installs, maintains and designs below-ground drainage systems and associated sewerage or effluent disposal systems.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- sets out and installs below ground sanitary and stormwater drainage systems
- carries out site drainage and de-watering procedures, employing stormwater, sub- soil and pumped systems
- installs septic tanks, effluent disposal and disinfections systems
- locates and clears blockages in drainage systems
- replaces sections of below ground drains
- excavates and levels to line, depth and grade
- installs excavation supports in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety requirements
- cuts and joints piping
- tests drainage systems
- may construct brick or concrete pits
Septic Tank Installer