1299-17 Environment, Parks and Land Care Manager
Manages and develops conservation plans for nature parks, land and other natural resources.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- manages parks and wildlife conservation programs and determines priorities in relation to environment conservation
- develops and maintains relationships with the community, government and environmental groups
- plans the management of new national parks and additions to existing reserves
- advises local committees and governmental bodies on environmental and land care issues
- manages financial resources and provides budgets for proposed activities
- manages the ongoing assessment of parks and environmentally sensitive areas, ensuring conservation areas are preserved and maintained
- provides advice on land and soil management