1299-19 Sports Administrator
Manages and promotes sport and recreational activities and develops related policies.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- administers sport and recreation policy and program development
- arranges funding for sport and fitness programs and monitors related expenditures and budgets
- liaises with local, State and Commonwealth authorities to promote sport and recreation policy development
- plans, develops and implements promotional activities to increase participation in sport and recreation programs
- may recommend funding for sporting programs under government policy