6323-11 General Waiter
Serves food and beverages in dining establishments.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- sets and arranges tables
- presents menus to patrons and advises customers on menu items, food preparation and service
- takes orders and relays them to kitchen or bar staff
- garnishes dishes and carves meat
- serves food and beverages
- presents bills to patrons and accepts payment
- clears tables and returns dishes and cutlery to kitchens
- discusses orders with kitchen staff
- collects payments for sales and operates point of sale machines and cash registers
- takes drink orders and obtains drinks from bar attendants
- provides advice to customers on wines, opens bottles and pours wines
Formal Service Waiter
Silver Service Waiter