Selects, cuts, trims, prepares and arranges meat for sale or supply.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- advises customers on the suitability and uses of cuts of meat
- operates machinery to grind, mix, mince or tenderise meat
- prepares meat for sale by removing bones, trimming fat and cutting meat to shape and size for display or as ordered
- prepares crumbed cuts of meat and marinates and seasons special cuts
- selects and prepares meat to produce smallgoods
- may assist in menu planning and scheduling, and in estimating food production costs