UNIT GROUP 4511 MEAT TRADESPERSONS
MEAT TRADESPERSONS slaughter livestock, and select, cut, trim and prepare meat and smallgoods.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- operating machinery to grind, mix, mince or tenderise meat
- preparing meat for sale by removing bones, trimming fat and cutting meat to shape and size for display or as ordered
- preparing crumbed cuts of meat, and marinating and seasoning special cuts
- making seasonings and pickles by mixing spices, salt and other ingredients according to recipes
- adding seasonings to ground meat and curing meat
- operating filling machines, smoking chambers and cooking kettles and vats
- slaughtering livestock in abattoirs and preparing carcasses for further processing