This group covers information systems.
- computer and information systems organisation, design and management;
- interfaces and presentation, including computer-human interaction, and the application of psychology to computer-human interfaces;
- web services other than web search;
- traditional information and knowledge systems; and
- systems theory and conceptual modelling.
This group has fifteen fields:
080601 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Information and Knowledge Systems
080602 Computer-Human Interaction
080603 Conceptual Modelling
080604 Database Management
080605 Decision Support and Group Support Systems
080606 Global Information Systems
080607 Information Engineering and Theory
080608 Information Systems Development Methodologies
080609 Information Systems Management
080610 Information Systems Organisation
080611 Information Systems Theory
080612 Interorganisational Information Systems and Web Services
080613 Maori Information and Knowledge Systems
080614 Pacific Peoples Information and Knowledge Systems
080699 Information Systems not elsewhere classified
a) Organisation and retrieval of information is included in Group 0807 Library and Information Studies.
b) Geospatial information systems are included in Group 0909 Geomatic Engineering.
c) Development of computer hardware is included in Group 1006 Computer Hardware.
d) Health information systems, including surveillance, are included in Group 1117 Public Health and Health Services.
e) Business information systems are included in Group 1503 Business and Management.