MINOR GROUP 423 PERSONAL CARERS AND ASSISTANTS
PERSONAL CARERS AND ASSISTANTS provide basic care, supervision and other support services to individuals for the enhancement of their health, welfare and comfort.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- providing assistance, support, care and companionship to aged and disabled persons and others in need of care and in therapy programs
- assisting Dental Practitioners
- assisting in caring for patients in hospitals, clinics and nursing homes
- caring for and supervising children in residential childcare establishments and correctional institutions
- caring for people in refuges