9219-23 Fabric and Textile Factory Hand
Performs routine tasks in fabric and textile factories.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- undertakes basic hand or machine cutting of canvas, upholstery or curtain fabrics
- operates automatic machines using computerised patterns
- lays out and bundles fabric
- presses partially completed or finished garments
- delivers material or bundles to machines
- makes and attaches tickets and labels
- inspects and finishes completed garments
- cleans work areas, tools and equipment