UNIT GROUP 1231 SALES AND MARKETING MANAGERS
SALES AND MARKETING MANAGERS plan and direct the sales and marketing activities of organisations.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- setting sales and marketing policy in consultation with other managers
- planning sales and marketing operations including market research, advertising, promotion, distribution, pricing and selling
- organising and controlling sales activities by setting product mix, geographical sales areas and customer service standards
- directing merchandising methods and distribution policy by coordinating the work of salespersons or organising agents and distributors
- controlling sales methods and arrangements by setting prices and credit arrangements
- monitoring customer service, invoicing, payments and administration costs