1231-11 Sales and Marketing Manager
Plans and directs the sales and marketing activities of an organisation.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- sets sales and marketing policy in consultation with other managers
- plans sales and marketing operations including market research, advertising, promotion, distribution, pricing and selling
- organises and controls sales activities by setting product mix, geographical sales areas and customer service standards
- directs merchandising methods and distribution policy by coordinating the work of salespersons or organising agents and distributors
- controls sales methods and arrangements by setting prices and credit arrangements
- monitors customer service, invoicing, payments and administration costs
- plans research work and monitoring of sales and marketing activity to produce reports, give recommendations and formulate changes
- directs the development of initiatives such as new products, new marketing techniques, new advertising campaigns, incentive bonus schemes and the dropping of unprofitable products
- may control related activities such as distribution and transport
Market Research Manager