1111-11 Parliamentarian or Councillor
Participates in the activities of Commonwealth Government, State/Territory or local governments as the elected member for a constituency.
The entry requirement for this occupation is election by a constituency.
- assists in the development of government policy and the formulating, amending and repealing of legislation
- attends community functions and meetings of local groups to provide service to the community, gauge public opinion and provide information on government plans
- introduces proposals for government action and serves public and electoral interests
- investigates matters of concern to the public and to particular persons or groups
- may serve as a member on Parliamentary Committees or Inquiries
- may present petitions on behalf of concerned groups
Member of the Legislative Assembly
Member of the Legislative Council