UNIT GROUP 9911 MINING SUPPORT WORKERS AND DRILLER'S ASSISTANTS
MINING SUPPORT WORKERS AND DRILLER'S ASSISTANTS perform routine tasks on mining or drilling sites and in mineral ore treating operations, usually working under close supervision.
The entry requirement for this unit group is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- assisting in the operation of drilling rigs, continuous mining machines, mineral ore processing plants or other such equipment
- assisting in assembling and dismantling drilling rigs, pumps, conveyors and other equipment
- mixing and testing drilling fluids, chemicals and grouts
- cleaning, washing and maintaining equipment
- maintaining drainage, fluids pumping, conveyor belt or other auxiliary systems
- assisting in obtaining drilling core samples or samples of mineral ore, rock, dust and processed minerals