Mineral Ore Processing Labourer
Performs routine tasks in mining and mineral ore treating operations, usually working under close supervision.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- assists in the operation of mining equipment such as continuous mining machines or mineral ore processing plants
- assembles and dismantles mining equipment
- loads, unloads, stacks and stores tools and materials
- maintains drainage, fluids pumping, conveyor belt or other auxiliary systems
- takes ore, rock and dust samples
- removes dangerous projections from mine workings
- mixes ore-treating chemicals and catalysts
- adds steel balls and rods to ball and rod machines in mineral ore processing plants
- loads chemicals into concentrators in mineral ore processing plants
- cleans, washes and maintains equipment
Pit Crew Support Worker
Wash Plant Attendant