2514-13 Educational Psychologist
Investigates learning and teaching, and develops psychological techniques to foster the development and skills of individuals and groups in educational settings.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- conducts research into motivation in learning, group performance and individual differences in mental abilities and educational performance
- collects data and analyses characteristics of students and recommends educational programs
- formulates achievement, diagnostic and predictive tests for use by teachers in planning methods and content of instruction
- develops special methods of remedial instruction
- develops guidelines for the selection and development of teachers
- liaises with education specialists to plan curriculum and develop methods of organising, conducting and evaluating education programs
- may provide individuals and groups with educational and vocational guidance, training in study skills and personal counselling