UNIT GROUP 2514 PSYCHOLOGISTS
PSYCHOLOGISTS investigate, assess and provide treatment or counselling to foster optimal, personal, social, educational or occupational adjustment and development.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- collecting data about individuals and assessing their cognitive, behavioural and emotional disorders
- administering and interpreting psychological tests and formulating plans for treatment
- developing, administering and evaluating individual and group treatment programs
- conducting research studies of motivation in learning, group performance and individual differences in mental abilities and educational performance
- collecting data and analysing characteristics of students and recommending educational programs
- formulating achievement, diagnostic and predictive tests for use by teachers in planning methods and content of instruction
- developing interview techniques, psychological tests and other aids in selection, placement, appraisal and promotion
- conducting surveys and research studies on job design, work groups, morale, motivation, supervision and management