UNIT GROUP 8114 MESSENGERS
MESSENGERS deliver goods, documents, messages, mail and other items.
The entry requirement for this unit group is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- sorting items for delivery
- delivering mail, parcels, documents and other items to customers or mail boxes
- collecting signatures and charges from customers
- receiving orders for deliveries from customers
- issuing and collecting receipts for pick-up and delivery items
- maintaining walk books, directories, mail counts, equipment maintenance logs and other postal delivery records
- assisting with the receipt of inward mail, the checking of wrongly addressed, missorted, undelivered and redirected mail, the processing of freepost and underpaid mail