5996-13 Flight Attendant
Provides services for the safety and comfort of aircraft passengers.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- conducts pre-flight cabin safety checks
- tidies aircraft cabins, receives and stows food, equipment and cabin baggage
- conducts demonstrations of aircraft safety equipment and procedures, carries out emergency procedures, assists and directs passengers in emergencies
- directs passengers to seats and assists with their hand luggage
- assists any passengers with special needs and provides first aid treatment
- ensures safety belt and smoking regulations are adhered to
- distributes reading material, pillows, blankets and other amenities for the comfort of passengers
- orders in-flight stores
- operates galleys, preparing and heating food for passengers
- serves refreshments and meals
Cabin Supervisor (Aircraft)