UNIT GROUP 5996 TRAVEL ATTENDANTS
TRAVEL ATTENDANTS provide services for the safety and comfort of passengers in aircraft, ships and railway sleeping cars. They may supervise occupations in this unit group.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.
- managing the provision of service to passengers during the aircraft flight, ship passage or train journey
- managing safety and emergency procedures and making public announcements
- coordinating the sale of goods to passengers and completion of any customs and immigration documentation which may be required
- conducting safety checks and demonstrations of safety equipment and procedures, assisting passengers in emergency drills, carrying out emergency procedures, assisting and directing passengers in emergencies
- checking passengers' tickets and directing them to cabins or seats
- tidying aircraft, ship or railway cabins, receiving and stowing food, equipment and cabin baggage
- operating galleys, preparing and heating food for passengers, and serving refreshments and meals