5991-11 Clerk of Court
Administers court registry services and performs administrative functions in support of judges and magistrates.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- lists actions for hearing by courts
- processes documentation for court actions
- documents details of court proceedings, actions and decisions
- attends court and assists judges and magistrates
- provides advice on court procedures
- performs financial dealings required by courts
- may supervise other court officers and clerks