UNIT GROUP 5991 ADVANCED LEGAL AND RELATED CLERKS
ADVANCED LEGAL AND RELATED CLERKS provide administrative support to legal professionals by performing clerical work associated with the functions of a court, a legal practice or the administration of trusts and estates.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.
- listing actions for hearing by courts and processing documentation for court actions
- documenting details of court proceedings, actions and decisions
- attending court, assisting court officials and giving advice on court procedures
- assisting solicitors in areas of conveyancing, contracts, common law, probate and other legal practice matters
- searching property titles for evidence of ownership, encumbrances and lodging legal documents at government offices
- satisfying statutory requirements, establishing beneficial entitlements and distributing assets
- maintaining probate and trust files, investing trust funds and administering accounts