Personnel and Employee Relations Manager
Plans, administers and reviews activities concerned with staff selection, training and development, conditions of employment and other human resource issues within an organisation.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- directs the formulation of human resource management strategies, policies and plans to meet business needs
- advises and assists managers in applying sound recruitment and selection practices and appropriate induction, training and development programs
- develops and implements performance management systems, to plan, appraise and improve individual and team performance
- represents the organisation in negotiations with unions and employees, to determine remuneration and other conditions of employment
- oversees the maintenance of personnel records and various human resource information system requirements
- coordinates occupational health and safety programs and practices, develops equal employment opportunity programs, and ensures compliance with related legislative requirements
- oversees the application of redundancy and other employee retrenchment policies
- monitors employment costs and productivity levels
- may train and advise other managers in personnel and industrial relations matters
Occupational Health and Safety Manager
Organisation and Methods Manager
Training and Development Manager