7124-11 Pulp Mill Operator
Produces paper pulp from wood chips, and refines and prepares it for paper making.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- operates equipment that grinds wood billets into fibres and digests wood chips to produce cooked paper pulp
- feeds raw material into equipment in batches or by conveyors or pumps as continuous flow
- operates auxiliary equipment such as absorption towers, mixing tanks, rotary drums and washers
- monitors equipment operation and arranges maintenance
- carries out minor maintenance and cleaning
- takes samples of products for testing
- controls the addition of chemicals to pulp
- may screen pulp to remove oversized slivers of wood, bleach, process and refine pulp, and shorten fibres to prepare pulp for papermaking
- may mix, dry, shred and bale pulp for paper manufacture
Bleach Plant Operator