UNIT GROUP 7124 PULP AND PAPER MILL OPERATORS
PULP AND PAPER MILL OPERATORS operate machines to produce paper pulp from woodchips and to make paper sheets.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- operating equipment that grinds wood billets into fibres and digests wood chips to produce cooked paper pulp
- feeding raw material into equipment in batches or by conveyors or pumps as continuous flow
- operating auxiliary equipment such as absorption towers, mixing tanks, rotary drums and washers
- monitoring equipment operation and arranging maintenance
- operating controls which regulate the flow of white water and pulp stock into machine headboxes and on to wire-mesh belts for forming
- setting up other equipment, starting machines and observing paper to detect wrinkles and making adjustments to keep it smooth
- inspecting samples of products and laboratory reports and adjusting stock flow rates, speed and pitch of belts, frequency and amplitude of shaking and pressures on pulp rollers
- checking and starting auxiliary equipment such as agitators, pumps and filters