AUGUST KEY FIGURES
July 2015 to August 2015
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
AUGUST KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.2% in August 2015. This follows a rise of 0.3% in July 2015 and a rise of 0.3% in June 2015.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.4% in August 2015. This follows a fall of 0.1% in July 2015 and a rise of 0.6% in June 2015.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 4.3% in August 2015 compared with August 2014.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in August 2015: Other retailing (0.5%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.4%), Food retailing (0.1%), Household goods retailing (0.2%), Department stores (0.4%) and Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.1%).
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in August 2015: New South Wales (0.4%), Victoria (0.3%), Western Australia (0.2%), Tasmania (0.1%) and the Australian Capital Territory (0.1%). Queensland (0.0%) and South Australia (0.0%) were relatively unchanged. The Northern Territory (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in August 2015.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|September 2015 ||4 November 2015|
|October 2015 ||4 December 2015|
|November 2015 ||8 January 2016|
|December 2015 ||5 February 2016|
|January 2016 ||4 March 2016|
|February 2016 ||4 April 2016|
This issue includes updated online retail turnover estimates for the August 2015 reference month. These estimates are provided and explained within the appendix section of this publication.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors. For information on seasonal adjustment and trend estimation please refer to the explanatory notes of this publication.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms.