APRIL KEY FIGURES
Mar '08 to Apr '08
Apr '07 to Apr '08
|Short-term visitor arrivals |
|Seasonally adjusted |
|Short-term resident departures |
|Seasonally adjusted |
|. . not applicable |
|- nil or rounded to zero (including null cells) |
APRIL KEY POINTS
SHORT-TERM VISITOR ARRIVALS
SHORT-TERM RESIDENT DEPARTURES
- Trend estimates: Short-term visitor arrivals to Australia during April 2008 (471,200 movements), increased 0.3% compared with March 2008 (469,800 movements).
- Currently, trend estimates for arrivals are 0.5% lower than in April 2007.
- Seasonally adjusted estimates: During April 2008, arrivals (475,600 movements) increased by 1.6% compared with March 2008 (468,100 movements). This followed a monthly increase of 1.2% for February 2008 and a monthly decrease of 0.6% for March 2008.
- Original estimates: There were 424,100 arrivals to Australia in April 2008.
- Trend estimates: Short-term resident departures from Australia during April 2008 (480,400 movements), increased 0.2% compared with March 2008 (479,500 movements). This followed monthly increases of 0.4% for both February 2008 and March 2008.
- Currently, trend estimates for departures are 8.6% higher than in April 2007.
- Seasonally adjusted estimates: During April 2008, departures (482,900 movements) changed little from March 2008 (482,800 movements). This followed a monthly decrease of 0.4% for February 2008 and a monthly increase of 2.6% for March 2008.
- Original estimates: There were 466,500 departures from Australia during April 2008.
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|May 2008 ||7 July 2008|
|June 2008 ||5 August 2008|
|July 2008 ||4 September 2008|
|August 2008 ||3 October 2008|
|September 2008 ||6 November 2008|
|October 2008 ||8 December 2008|
Early estimates of short-term visitor arrivals for May 2008 will be available on the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) website on 18 June 2008 in the final issue of Short-term Visitor Arrival Estimates, Australia
(cat. no. 3401.0.55.001). The ABS will be ceasing publication of Short-term Visitor Arrival Estimates, Australia
, (cat. no. 3401.0.55.001) from July 2008.
This publication contains movement data. Care should be taken when interpreting this movement data as 'people'. See paragraph 5 of the Explanatory Notes for more detail.
The statistics in this publication have been rounded to the nearest 100 for short-term movements and to the nearest 10 for permanent and long-term movements. As a result, sums of the components may not add exactly to totals. Analysis featured in the Key Points and Main Features of this publication is based on unrounded data. Calculations made on rounded data may differ to those published.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
There are no changes in this issue.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Anne Ward on Canberra (02) 6252 6871.