UNIT GROUP 9912 EARTHMOVING LABOURERS
EARTHMOVING LABOURERS perform tasks in excavating earth, clearing and levelling sites, and digging irrigation channels.
The entry requirement for this unit group is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- removing scrub, timber, rocks and other foreign material to clear sites
- driving stakes into ground to indicate location of construction sites
- spreading and levelling soil, gravel and sand on roads and driveways, trench bottoms and similar locations
- trimming sides and squaring corners not reached by excavating machines
- shovelling excavated material onto conveyors, wheelbarrows or trucks for removal
- giving directions to truck drivers dumping loads