9912-11 Earthmoving Labourer
Performs tasks in excavating earth, clearing and levelling sites, and digging irrigation channels.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- removes scrub, timber, rocks and other foreign material to clear sites
- drives stakes into ground to indicate location of construction sites
- digs holes
- spreads and levels soil, gravel and sand on roads and driveways, trench bottoms and similar locations
- trims sides and squares corners not reached by excavating machines
- shovels excavated material onto conveyors, wheelbarrows or trucks for removal
- gives directions to truck drivers dumping loads
- rolls, lifts or manually guides culvert sections into position
- saturates loose fill with water to settle and compact fill