UNIT GROUP 4922 CABINETMAKERS
CABINETMAKERS fabricate or repair wooden furniture and fit and assemble prepared wooden parts to make furniture.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- examining drawings, work orders or sample parts to determine specifications
- selecting and working with materials such as timber, veneers, particle board and synthetic wood
- marking out, cutting and shaping wood
- working from drawings or specifications to make furniture
- making fittings for boats, caravans or other items where fine detail is required
- assembling parts to form sections of furniture and completed articles
- fitting hinges, locks, catches, drawers and shelves