Fabricates or repairs wooden furniture and fits and assembles prepared wooden parts to make furniture.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- examines drawings, work orders or sample parts to determine specifications
- selects and works with materials such as timber, veneers, particle board and synthetic wood
- marks out, cuts and shapes wood
- works from drawings or specifications to make furniture
- makes fittings for boats, caravans or other items where fine detail is required
- assembles parts to form sections of furniture and completed articles
- fits hinges, locks, catches, drawers and shelves
- may repair and refurbish furniture and antiques
- may make frames for chairs and couches
Antique Furniture Reproducer
Antique Furniture Restorer
Chair and Couch Maker
Metal Furniture Maker