9213-17 Fish Process Worker
Performs routine tasks in the processing, grading and packing of fish and shellfish.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- inspects fish or shellfish on conveyors and sorts for size or quality
- scrapes skin and picks blood meat and other offal from fish
- packs fish and counts packs before freezing
- packs frozen fish blocks into cartons
- tends and feeds machines which slice, peel, skin or crumb fish
- cleans and sanitises equipment and work areas
- may extract meat from shellfish
- may work on fish processing ships