9213-15 Poultry Process Worker
Slaughters poultry and eviscerates carcasses.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- shackles and suspends live or slaughtered poultry for killing or processing
- slaughters fowl by severing jugular veins
- removes viscera package and lungs, and scrapes residual particles from carcasses
- separates hearts and livers
- places removed offal in chilling containers
- removes necks by cutting with secateurs
- grades dressed poultry
- removes pin feathers from poultry carcasses
- adds ice to paddle chillers
- loads and unloads crates
- cleans work areas