Operates residential child care establishments which provide home environments for children.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience. Registration or licensing may be required.
- plans and implements programs of supervision and care for children
- supervises and arranges activities to enhance the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of children
- wakes children, and ensures that they wash, dress and develop hygienic living habits
- supervises domestic arrangements of children and develops their social skills
- prepares and lays out materials and equipment required in educational and recreational activities
- assists in teaching programs and counselling of children
- organises, leads and participates in recreational and other activities and outings
- maintains discipline and enforces regulations
- may cook and serve meals, clean premises, wash, iron and perform household tasks
- may order supplies, keep accounts and attend to administrative matters