UNIT GROUP 6313 SPECIAL CARE WORKERS
SPECIAL CARE WORKERS provide care and supervision for children in residential child care establishments and security institutions, provide care to people in refuges, or provide household support and assistance to people in need of care or therapy programs.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least one years relevant experience.
- planning and implementing programs of supervision and care for children
- supervising and arranging activities to enhance the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of children
- waking children and ensuring they are washed, dressed, fed and ready for educational and recreational activities
- supervising children during domestic activities such as eating meals and showering
- organising refuge accommodation
- accompanying sick or aged people during daily activities
- as directed, provides general care and comfort to therapy patients
- guiding and assisting patients in the performance of craft, recreational and leisure activities