6211-11 Sales Representative (Personal and Household Goods)
Represents companies in selling durable or non-durable consumer goods to retail or wholesale establishments.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- promotes and sells consumer products such as toys, sporting goods, books, stationery, hardware, floor coverings, furniture, textiles, clothing, footwear, photographic equipment, jewellery, toiletries, groceries, and other household and personal goods
- uses retail directories and other sources to compile lists of prospective business customers
- visits retail outlets to establish selling opportunities
- quotes prices and credit terms, records orders and arranges deliveries
- follows up customers to ensure satisfaction with products purchased and resolve any problems
- monitors customers' changing needs and competitor activity, and reports on these developments to sales or marketing management
- prepares sales reports, and maintains and submits records of business expenses incurred