Develops, organises and maintains library services including collections of information, recreational resources and reader information services.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- makes recommendations on library policies and services and implements policy decisions
- examines publications and materials, interviews publishers' representatives and consults with others to select library materials
- reviews, evaluates and modifies services in response to user needs
- provides assistance to clients in accessing library resources
- undertakes information research activities on behalf of clients
- manages the organisation's central records system and supervises indexing, filing and retrieval activities
- selects, orders, classifies and catalogues materials
- manages inter-library loan systems and information networks
- monitors collection development and culling programs
- may plan and direct library promotion and outreach activities
- may supervise and train library staff
Multicultural Services Librarian
Special Needs Librarian