UNIT GROUP 2292 LIBRARIANS
LIBRARIANS develop, organise and maintain library services including collections of information, recreational resources and reader information services.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- making recommendations on library policies and services and implementing policy decisions
- examining publications and materials, interviewing publishers' representatives and consulting with others to select library materials
- reviewing, evaluating and modifying services in response to user needs
- providing assistance to clients in accessing library resources
- managing the organisation's central records system and supervising indexing, filing and retrieval activities
- managing inter-library loan systems and information networks