6211-17 Sales Representative (Motor Vehicle Parts and Accessories)
Represents companies in selling motor vehicle parts and accessories to retail or wholesale establishments.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- promotes and sells motor vehicle parts and accessories
- uses retail directories and other sources to compile lists of prospective business customers
- visits regular and prospective retail outlets to establish selling opportunities
- quotes prices and credit terms, records orders and arranges deliveries
- follows up customers to ensure satisfaction with products purchased, and resolves any problems arising
- monitors customers' changing needs and competitor activity, and reports on these developments to sales or marketing management
- prepares sales reports, and maintains and submits records of business expenses incurred