UNIT GROUP 1193 MANUFACTURERS
MANUFACTURERS plan, organise and administer the operations of establishments manufacturing goods.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration may be required.
- identifying business opportunities, devising new manufacturing processes and determining products to be manufactured
- developing a business plan and implementing operating, marketing, personnel and pricing procedures
- researching and implementing regulatory and statutory requirements affecting manufacturing operations and the environment
- managing the activities of production, warehouse, distribution and other operating units
- maintaining quality control systems for manufacturing, waste disposal, delivery and other procedures
- coordinating orders for raw materials, supplies and equipment and arranging packaging, delivery and wholesaling of products