4121-11 General Fabrication Engineering Tradesperson
Manipulates and forms sheet metal, structural steel and other metal stock to fabricate, maintain or repair metal products and structures.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- reads and interprets drawings and specifications
- cuts, rolls, bends, shapes, moulds, spins, heats or hammers metal products to fabricate parts or sub-assemblies
- heat treats metal parts and components
- sets up and operates welding equipment to complete welding tasks
- fits and assembles metallic components by riveting, bolting, welding, brazing or soldering
- finishes products by cleaning, polishing, filling or bathing them in acidic solutions
- measures quality of fabricated parts or sub-assemblies
- marks out metal stock with reference points and lines and makes templates
- may set up and operate spinning lathes to spin shaped articles from sheet or structural metal
- may plan, lay out and fabricate mould patterns for producing metal castings and form sand moulds and cores for the production of metal castings