UNIT GROUP 4121 GENERAL FABRICATION ENGINEERING TRADESPERSONS
GENERAL FABRICATION ENGINEERING TRADESPERSONS manipulate and form sheet metal, structural steel and other metal stock to fabricate, maintain or repair metal products and structures.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- reads and interprets drawings and specifications
- cuts, rolls, bends, shapes, moulds, spins, heats or hammers metal products to fabricate parts or sub-assemblies
- heat treats metal parts and components
- sets up and operates welding equipment to complete welding tasks
- fits and assembles metallic components by riveting, bolting, welding, brazing or soldering
- finishes products by cleaning, polishing, filling or bathing them in acidic solutions