8211-15 Sales Assistant (Other Personal and Household Goods)
Sells stock such as hardware and gardening supplies, furniture, floor coverings and household goods, stationery, newspapers and books, and pharmaceutical products and toiletries in retail or wholesale establishments.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- operates cash registers, accepts payments and prepares sales invoices
- stacks and displays items for sale and wraps or packs goods sold
- prepares products such as paint or sawn timber to customers specifications
- calculates requirements for quantities of stock required by customers
- arranges for regular deliveries of items such as newspapers or products to be delivered and installed
- informs customers of after-sales service availability
- demonstrates the use or application of products such as hardware equipment or materials
- may act as agents for services such as lottery systems and dry-cleaning
- may advise customers on the correct application and storage of patent medicines