8211-17 Sales Assistant (Postal Services)
Serves customers by advising on postal rates and sells postal products such as stamps, envelopes and philatelic products at a post office or postal agency premises.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- sells stamps, philatelic products and other agency products
- assists in the preparation of promotional displays
- issues and pays money orders
- processes a range of savings bank and other agency transactions
- receives lettergrams, electronic mail and other messages for transmission and delivery
- operates point-of-sale, message transmission, facsimile or image transmission equipment
- refills automatic vending machines and postpoints
- performs limited mail processing, delivery and collection duties and accepts bulk mail lodgements
- may operate mechanised mail handling equipment and reset franking machines
- may undertake office balance, banking and stock replenishment activities