Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 25,045,480 1 new person every 1 minute and 23 seconds. Consumer price index 2.1% June quarter 2018 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.9% Quarterly change June 2018 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,586.20 May 2018 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.3% August 2018 Monthly, trend estimate
- Wednesday 19 September 2018New insights into local labour marketsJobs in Australia
- Wednesday 19 September 2018Linked Employer-Employee Dataset Fact Sheet releasedLabour Statistics: Concepts, Sources and Methods (Additional Information)
- Tuesday 18 September 2018ABS 2021 Census Digital Services Request for Tender
- Tuesday 18 September 2018Property prices fall 0.7% in June quarter 2018Residential Property Price Indexes: Eight Capital Cities
- Monday 17 September 2018Over 1 million Aussies returned from overseas in JulyOverseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia
Apparent Consumption of Alcohol, Australia, 2016-17 Australian drinking levels drop Australian drinking levels have dropped to their lowest point in 55 years. In 2016-17, the total alcohol drunk in Australia was equivalent to 9.4 litres for every person aged 15 and over. This is the lowest figure since 1961-62 and continues the recent downward trend. Find out more about Australian drinking habits.
Participation, Job Search and Mobility, Australia More than one million Australians change jobs In the 12 months to February 2018, more than one million Australians changed employers or the business they ran. Learn more about the dynamic nature of the Australian labour market including participation potential, underemployment, job search experience and labour mobility.
56% of women were employed in 2016, compared with 34% in 1966