Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,411,080 1 new person every 1 minute and 22 seconds Consumer price index 1.5% December quarter 2016 All groups, original Gross domestic product 1.1% Quarterly change Dec 2016 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,533.10 November 2016 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.8% February 2017 Monthly, trend estimate
- Thursday 30 March 2017Sydney population hits 5 millionRegional Population Growth, Australia
- Thursday 30 March 2017Over 28 per cent of Australians born overseasMigration, Australia
- Thursday 30 March 2017Moderate growth in job vacancies in February 2017 qtrJob Vacancies, Australia
- Thursday 30 March 2017Household deposit assets hit one trillion dollar markAustralian National Accounts: Finance and Wealth
- Wednesday 29 March 2017Engineering construction falls in DecemberEngineering Construction Activity, Australia
Preschool Education, Australia, 2016 More little learners in preschool 15+ hours a week Nearly 9 in 10 four year olds, and 2 in 10 five year olds were enrolled in a preschool program in 2016. The attendance rate for enrolled children was 96 per cent nationally, with 74 per cent of these children attending more than 15 hours per week.
Recorded Crime - Offenders, 2015-16 Rising number of female offenders The number of female offenders increased by 5 per cent (4,957 offenders) in 2015-16 compared to a 1 per cent rise in male offenders (49 offenders). The largest increases in female offender numbers were for theft and illicit drug offences.
Skilled migrants contributed $32 billion in total income in 2010-11