Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,226,906 1 new person every 1 minute and 29 seconds Consumer price index 1.0% Annual change Jun 2016 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.5% Quarterly change Jun 2016 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,516.00 May 2016 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.7% Aug 2016 Monthly, trend estimate
- Wednesday 28 September 2016Dementia deaths continue to rise as population agesCauses of Death, Australia
- Wednesday 28 September 2016Infant mortality rate lowest on recordDeaths, Australia
- Wednesday 28 September 2016Engineering construction continues to fall in JuneEngineering Construction Activity, Australia
- Friday 23 September 2016Find the latest data for your region on our mapData by Region
- Friday 23 September 2016Business data now available in National Regional ProfileNational Regional Profile
9208.0 - Survey of Motor Vehicle Use, Australia On the road There were 17.7 million vehicles registered in Australia in 2014. These vehicles travelled a total distance of 244 billion kilometres that year. New South Wales had the largest share of total kilometres travelled and the largest proportion of registered vehicles.
Overseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia Arrivals and Departures In July 2016 there were 831 800 short-term resident departures, a 6 per cent increase from the same time last year. Also in July 2016, there were 694 500 short-term visitor arrivals, up 12.5 per cent from July 2015. New Zealand visitor arrivals were highest in July 2016, followed by China.
Sydney is projected to reach a population of five million this year