Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,748,715 1 new person every 1 minute and 26 seconds Consumer price index 1.8% September quarter 2017 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.8% Quarterly change Jun 2017 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,543.80 May 2017 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.5% October 2017 Monthly, trend estimate
- Wednesday 22 November 2017Total construction rises in SeptemberConstruction Work Done, Australia, Preliminary
- Tuesday 21 November 2017Retail Trade Margins fall 0.8 per centProducer Price Indexes, Australia (Additional Information)
- Friday 17 November 2017Trend in car sales decreases 0.4% in OctoberSales of New Motor Vehicles, Australia
- Friday 17 November 2017Australians visiting China up 17.4% from a year agoOverseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia
- Friday 17 November 2017ACT, NT and Victoria record strongest growth in 2016-17Australian National Accounts: State Accounts
Census of Population and Housing: Reflecting Australia - Stories from the Census, 2016 Australians pursuing higher education in record numbers The latest data from the 2016 Census of Population and Housing reveals that Australians are upskilling like never before, reporting that 56 per cent of Australians aged 15 years and over hold a post-school qualification, up from 46 per cent in 2006.
The Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey Results Announced Results from the Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey are now available at www.marriagesurvey.abs.gov.au/results. The official statistics include a count of responses (Yes, No and Response Not Clear) as well as data on participation at the Federal Electoral Division, State/Territory and National level.
56% of women were employed in 2016, compared with 34% in 1966