Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,367,231 1 new person every 1 minute and 24 seconds Consumer price index 1.5% December quarter 2016 All groups, original Gross domestic product -0.5% Quarterly change Sep 2016 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,516.00 May 2016 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.7% January 2017 Monthly, trend estimate
- Thursday 16 February 2017Full-time employment increases for fourth straight monthLabour Force, Australia
- Thursday 16 February 2017Nearly 90% of 4 year olds in early learningPreschool Education, Australia
- Thursday 16 February 2017Chicken meat production continues to increaseLivestock Products, Australia
- Wednesday 15 February 2017Downward trend in new motor vehicle sales continueSales of New Motor Vehicles, Australia
- Wednesday 15 February 2017Value of committed funds is $19,550mVenture Capital and Later Stage Private Equity, Australia
Valentine's Day A statistical look at Valentine's Day Do you feel like you're unlucky in love? At the Australian Bureau of Statistics, we don't believe in luck. We just believe in data. And love. Accordingly, when thinking about Valentine's Day 2017, we couldn't help but start calculating who's lucky in love, where they live and what they do.
Overseas Arrivals and Departures Chinese visitor arrivals hit record high in 2016 Arrivals from China have seen the highest growth of any country over the past 40 years, rising from 500 in 1976 to 1.2 million in 2016. China is now coming close to New Zealand as the most popular source country for visitors to Australia. Arrivals from Vietnam and United Arab Emirates have also grown significantly.
The average house price in Australia is $612,100