Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,089,030 1 new person every 1 minute and 31 seconds Consumer price index 1.3% Annual change Mar 2016 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.6% Quarterly change Dec 2015 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,499.30 November 2015 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.7% April 2016 Monthly, trend estimate
- Monday 30 May 2016Seasonally adjusted profits continue to fallBusiness Indicators, Australia
- Monday 30 May 2016Petroleum exploration falls 12.8% in March quarterMineral and Petroleum Exploration, Australia
- Friday 27 May 2016Increase in federal defendants finalised in 2014-15Federal Defendants, Australia
- Friday 27 May 2016Key social survey user guide releasedNational Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Social Survey: User Guide
- Friday 27 May 2016Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander microdata releasedMicrodata: National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Social Survey
4221.0 - Schools, Australia, 2015 Record high The number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander school students is at a record high. Just over 200,000 students identified as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander in 2015, an increase of 4.2 per cent from 2014. The figure is an increase of almost 50 cent from 2005 numbers.
4364.0.55.012 - Australian Health Survey: Consumption of Food Groups from the Australian Dietary Guidelines, 2011-12 Healthy eating Less than 4 per cent of the population consumes the recommended amount of vegetables and legumes or beans each day. One in 10 people meet the guidelines for dairy products, while one in seven consume the minimum number of serves of lean meats and alternatives per day.
86 per cent of Australian households have internet access