Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 25,111,994 1 new person every 1 minute and 23 seconds. Consumer price index 2.1% June quarter 2018 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.9% Quarterly change June 2018 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,586.20 May 2018 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.2% September 2018 Monthly, trend estimate
- Friday 19 October 2018Report on ABS performance in 2017-18Australian Bureau of Statistics - Annual Report
- Friday 19 October 2018Australian Statistics Advisory Council - Annual ReportAustralian Statistics Advisory Council - Annual Report
- Thursday 18 October 2018Trend unemployment rate at six-year lowLabour Force, Australia
- Wednesday 17 October 2018Births driving growth in Australia’s First PeoplesCensus of Population and Housing: Understanding the Increase in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Counts
- Wednesday 17 October 2018Indonesia top destination in AugustOverseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia
Gender Indicators, Australia, Sep 2018 Challenges remain for gender equality Female CEOs are slowly becoming more common, increasing to 16.5 per cent in 2016-17.Women now make up 30 per cent of senior management roles. 45 per cent of women and 32 per cent of men had a bachelor's degree by the age of 30.The average starting salary for female graduates was $59,000 compared with $60,100 for men.
Job Vacancies, Australia, Aug 2018 Growth in job vacancies eases in August Job vacancies increased by 3.4 per cent over the quarter to August 2018, in trend terms. This was down on recent growth in May. Over the year, job vacancies increased by 19.3 per cent.
71% of people aged 30 to 39 have some form of tertiary qualification