Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,719,104 1 new person every 1 minute and 26 seconds Consumer price index 1.9% June quarter 2017 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.8% Quarterly change Jun 2017 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,543.80 May 2017 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.5% September 2017 Monthly, trend estimate
- Monday 23 October 2017Community and Personal Service Workers on the riseCommunity and Personal Service Workers on the rise
- Monday 23 October 2017New data on Education, Employment and MobilityCensus of Population and Housing: General Community Profile, Australia (Additional Information)
- Monday 23 October 20172016 Census- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander PeopleCensus of Population and Housing: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples Profile, Australia (Additional Information)
- Monday 23 October 2017Compare data from the 2006, 2011 and 2016 Census.Census of Population and Housing: Time Series Profile, Australia (Additional Information)
- Monday 23 October 2017Where do people go to work? Find out now!Census of Population and Housing: Working Population Profile
Census 2016 The second round of Census data is here, Australia! The latest release of Census data on 23 October 2017 reveals where we’re employed, how educated we are and how we get around. The data is now available in QuickStats, Community Profiles and analytical articles, with TableBuilder and DataPacks to follow on 10 November 2017.
The Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey The Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey closing soon Don’t delay — return your Marriage Law Postal Survey today! Survey forms must be received at the ABS by 6pm (local time) on 7 November 2017 to be included in the count.
56% of women were employed in 2016, compared with 34% in 1966