There may be documents in the disclosure log that are currently not available in html format. If you are unable to read the format provided please contact the FOI contact officer on 02 6252 7203 or email@example.com. We will try to meet all reasonable requests for an alternate format of the document in a timely manner and at the lowest reasonable cost to you.
|Disclosure log number||Release date||Summary||Other information|
|2017/03||22 September 2017||Four requests for documents created between 1 February 2017 and 11:51am on 9 August 2017 relating to:
- any proposal or discussion about the Australian Bureau of Statistics running a postal plebiscite on the issue of same-sex marriage including challenges or difficulties; and
- any correspondence (since 1 August 2017) between the ABS and either the Treasurer (or his office), the Minister for Small Business (or his office), the Finance Minister (or his office) or the Special Minister of State (or his office) relating to Same Sex Marriage, the Census and Statistics Act, the Australian Bureau of Statistics Act, plebiscites or postal votes.
|FOI_22 September 2017.pdf||The ABS received four requests with similar scopes which have been combined into one document release. |
|2017/02||5 September 2017||A request for documents that add to the Personal Safety Survey explanatory notes at http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Lookup/4906.0Explanatory+Notes12012 specifically:
- any document that details the instructions given to interviewers, including the words to be used by interviewers (i) in seeking information, for the purposes of enumeration, about household residents, (ii) in explaining the voluntary nature of the survey, and (iii) in ensuring that the interview was conducted in private with the interviewee, without the knowledge of other household residents; and
- any documents that indicate how many times interviewers attempted to contact a person in the household for (i) the initial purpose of enumeration, and (ii) to interview the randomly selected potential interviewee
|FOI_5 September 2017.pdf|
|2017/01||7 July 2017||A request for:
- Documents from the Department of Education and Training to the ABS specifically on SES methodology used to fund schools and the the detailed review of the SES methodology by the Catholic Education Commission of Victoria; and
- On the same subject matter documents from the ABS to the Department of Education and Training between 1 March 2017 and 31 May 2017.
|FOI_7 July 2017.pdf|
|2016/22||24 May 2017||A request for:
- Emails to and from an ABS employee between 1st April 2016 and 31st August 2016 with the keyword "culcha" in either the body of the email or the header (subject line, to or from email fields etc).
|FOI_24 May 2017.pdf|
|2016/21||30 March 2017||A request for:
- Documents wherein the outcome of any enterprise bargaining ballots were communicated to the department by the entity who undertook the ballots. This shall include the YES/NO vote amounts or percentages as well as any additional information related to the vote. For example, a breakdown of the vote by employee location, or APS level. The scope of this request covers any such documents that were received as a result of EBA offers made to staff under the Workplace Bargaining Policy 2015 or the Australian Government Public Sector Workplace Bargaining Policy 2014.
|FOI_30 March 2017.pdf|
|2016/20||20 March 2017||A request for:
- Document(s) which describe the data provided to the external organisation(s) responsible for conducting the ballot(s) for all Enterprise Agreements put to staff for a vote. The scope of this request is limited only to those ballots undertaken for enterprise agreements which were proposed to take effect after 30 June 2014. The document shall describe the data given to the ballot agent. For example, employee name, employee identification number, employee email address, etc. This request excludes the data for specific employees; the request only relates to the 'meta-data'.
|FOI_20 March 2017.pdf|
|2016/19||20 January 2017||A request for:
- Disclosure Review Board (DRB) terms of reference (DRB is a committee that assesses 'disclosure risks' of at-risk microdata files.
- Template for submitting a statistical release to DRB for review/assessment.
- Policy for releasing microdata (unit record files as opposed to aggregate information).
- 'Life cycle for research' principles.
|FOI_20 January 2017(2).pdf|
|2016/18||20 January 2017||A request for:
- Communications in the three months before 9 August 2016 to and/or from the Chief Statistician and/or Head of 2016 Census warning and/or cautioning about the level and/or adequacy of Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) protection for the 2016 online census.
|FOI_20 January 2017(1).pdf|
|2016/17||20 December 2016||A request for:
- Briefing material about the implementation of the 2016 Census prepared for Ministers with responsibility for the ABS from 01/01/2015 to the date of this application (11:26pm 09 August 2016) or at the request of the Office of the Treasurer and other Treasury portfolios.
|FOI_20 December 2016.pdf|
|2016/16||1 December 2016||A request for:
- Current FOI delegations and any related directions issued in respect of FOI.
|FOI_1 December 2016.pdf|
|2016/15||18 November 2016||A request for:
- Any and all correspondence (letters, emails, phone conversations) between the ABS and Murdoch University regarding 2 emails the applicant sent to David Kalisch from his work email address on 05/08/2016 and 10/08/2016.
|FOI_18 November 2016.pdf||WARNING: FOI_18 November 2016 contains language that may offend some readers.|
|2016/14||11 November 2016||A request for:
- All instructions given to Census Mainstream Field Officers regarding privacy or confidentiality. This does not include brief mentions/reminders in otherwise unrelated communications.
- All instructions/information given to Census Mainstream Field Officers regarding access to property.
- Provisions for securing Census data when Census Mainstream Field Officers are using the 'App' on their personal devices.
|FOI_11 November 2016.pdf|
|2016/13||9 November 2016||A request for:
- Raw server logs for the last 100 successful visits to the eCensus on 9 August 2016.
|FOI_9 November 2016.pdf|
|2016/12||25 October 2016||A request for:
- all correspondence (the final emails) regarding 'the potential and/or actual failure of the online 2016 Census website', involving one or more of the following: Duncan Young, Chris Libreri, Jonathan Palmer and David Kalisch, not including the public. Timeframe is from midnight 8 August 2016 to the date of this application (12:39pm 10 August 2016).
| FOI_25 October 2016.pdf|
|2016/11||13 October 2016||A request for:
- copies of all emails, memos or other written documents sent to and from the Census Communications team on Census day (Tue 9 August), specifically relating to the @ABSCensus Twitter feed and tweets by that account. This includes information about what the account should or could publish, as well as discussion about tweets already published
- internal communication within the team, i.e. emails between team members regarding the @ABSCensus Twitter feed.
| FOI_13 October 2016.pdf|
|2016/10||12 October 2016||A request for:
- all corporate credit card spending by David Kalisch since July 1, 2015 until the date of this request; and
- all expense claims lodged by David Kalisch since July 1, 2015 until the date of this request.
| FOI_12 October 2016(2).pdf|
|2016/09||10 October 2016||A request for:
- Documents that support the following statement from the Australian Statistician: "We know that if people supply their name they're more likely to provide accurate information in the other parts of the Census."
| FOI_10 October 2016.pdfFOI_07 November 2016.pdf||FOI_07 November 2016 was released on 07 November 2016 as additional documentation following an internal review. |
|2016/08||27 September 2016||A request for:
- Reports in relation to public feedback with regard to the Census, through to 19 August 2016.
|FOI_27 September 2016.pdf|
|2016/07||23 September 2016||A request for:
- All referrals from the Australian Bureau of Statistics to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner notifying them of a suspected data breach or other breach (from 2013 onwards) under the IPPs or APP.
|FOI_23 September 2016.pdf|| Related media release |
|2016/06||14 September 2016||A request for:
- All documents, reports, emails, texts and other communications generated on August 9 and 10 2016 both to and from:
- the Australian Statistican, David Kalisch
- the Deputy Australian Statisican and Chief Operating Officer, Jonathan Palmer
- Minister Michael McCormack
|FOI_14 September 2016.pdf|
|2016/05||12 September 2016||A request for:
- Redacted information relating to a previous FOI - Disclosure Log no. 2015/07.
|FOI_12 September 2016 (ABS Ref 201617-26).pdf|
|2016/04||12 September 2016||A request for:
- Policy/procedural documents which are currently in effect and relate only to individuals who refuse a direction to complete the Census.
|2016/03||09 September 2016|
|A request for:
- Internal correspondence relating to a Census media inquiry.
|FOI 201617-14 Disclosure Log.pdf |
FOI_12 October 2016(1).pdf
|FOI_12 October 2016(1) was released on 12 October 2016 as additional documentation following an internal review. |
|2016/02||08 September 2016||A request for:
- Census Australia Facebook User Rules
|FOI_08 September 2016.pdf|
|2016/01||22 August 2016||A request for:
- Ministerial briefs and correspondence between the ABS and the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner since 1 January 2015 regarding ABS practices with regards to identifying information collected as part of the Census
|2015/10||25 July 2016||A request for:
- Application details for Area Supervisors for the Beaudesert area for the 2016 Census
|2015/07||30 May 2016||A request for:
- Retention of names and addresses collected in the 2016 Census of Population and Housing
|2015/08||13 May 2016||A request for:
- Social media policy and guidance
|2015/04||13 October 2015||A request for:
- Application of confidentiality for International Merchandise Trade: Confidential Commodities List, Aug 2015
|2015/02||5 June 2015||A request for:
- Current Training Manuals and related material used to train staff engaged in the collection and preparation of data for the compilation of the CPI, specifically material that provides guidance to staff about when and how they should make adjustments to prices on account of a change in the quality of a product or service.
|2015/03||5 May 2015||A request for:
for the current ABS Monthly Population Survey.
- Documentation on:
- the participant selection process;
- the process for selecting geographical locations; and
- the geographical locations selected
|2015/01||2 February 2015||A request for:
- Application information for ABS IT job vacancies advertised from 2009-2014.
|2014/02||1 September 2014||A request for:
- Copy of the ABS' 2013/14 Patient Experience Survey.
|2014/01||8 July 2014||A request for:
The request is limited to import statistics relating to imports of insulated cable from the USA and China.
- Documentation on:
- the decision to amend the tariff classification from statistical key 10 to 34;
- the decision to amend the statistical information description for ABS import statistics;
- the consultative discussions with industry prior to the changes being implemented; and
- ABS policy documentation regarding the withholding of import statistics since 2011.
|2013/02||24 April 2013||A request for:
- Copies of the monthly briefings on 6202.0 Labour Force, Australia prepared by the Labour Branch for use in the lockup of departmental officials on the Thursday morning of the Labour Force release. The request is limited to those briefings that took place between January 2011 and March 2013 inclusive.
|2013/01||24 April 2013||A request for:
- Any cyber security incidents over the last 5 years that have resulted in the production of internal ABS documents that were written by people (and not generated by an anti-virus program).
|2012/02||24 July 2012||A request for:
- All information relating to the review, the early release of the information, and the names of the six recipients, from the retail trade incident identified in the May 7 ABS media release.
|FOI_23July2012.pdfFurther Documents - released on 13 Aug 2012.pdf||Related media release|
|2012/01||23 March 2012||A request for:
- Documents, created or received between January 19 2012 and February 19 2012, relating to:
- the decision to publish 'Employment Level Estimates versus Employment to Population Explained' in 6202.0, January 2012; and
- claims made that employment growth had slipped to its lowest in two decades in 6202.0 in December 2011.
|2011/03||18 October 2011||A request for:
- All documents produced in the past 6 months about the extent of non-compliance with the 2011 Census.
|2011/02||7 October 2011||A request for:
- All minutes from the 2012 Personal Safety Survey Advisory Group meetings.
|16 June 2011||A request for:
- All records and communication of the Australian Bureau of Statistics relating to work on autism spectrum disorder in conjunction with FaHCSIA.